Saturday, December 17, 2011

My girlfriend is in love with her ex

It’s simple, straightforward
My girlfriend is in love with her ex
I’m caught in this triangle
With Love, hate and neglect

She reminds me everyday
Without a word parting her lips
That she misses his presences
His gentle touch on her hips

I see her looking at old pictures
Reminiscing of their past
Then looking through my soul
Wondering if our shit will ever last

She reminds me everyday
That with him, she had it good
But why the fuck is she with me?
That the simple thing I never understood

She gazes out the window
And paranoia spins me a tale
I see him and her together
And imagination spares no details

She reminds me everyday
Without saying a single word
That she connected with him
Through an invisible umbilical cord

She still wears his necklace
The bow and cross heart, he gave her
And when she’s nervous or lying
She grabs that pendant to save her

She remind me of him
Even though he is in the past
But it’s like having a ghost
Haunt ever minute like it’s our last

She compares me to him
Silently in her mind on a constant basis
Wishing i’d be him, do the things he did
And not take her through emotional phases

She reminds me of him
When she says “Baby you’ve changed”
“I miss how you loved me
& why are you acting so estranged??”

She reminds me of him
& how things used to be between them
I just forget that back then
The old me used to be him

No comments:

Post a Comment