Thursday, January 14, 2010

A letter to myself

"Self is the only prison that can ever bind the soul." ~Henry Van Dyke


Dear mind, you are right….She has nothing that I am looking for
She lacks the affection of a true woman
She lacks the qualifications of a future wifie
She lacks the inner respect that I admire in one
She is nothing that I want!


Dear heart, you have fooled me once again…now I shall never listen to you
You convinced me she loved me, but she just loved herself
You convinced me that she would change
The only change is that I left
You deceived me, she fooled you, my heart.


Dear God, thank you for guiding me in the right path
I learn, I grow, I am who you want me to be
I thank you for removing the wrong and bringing forward the right
I thank you for shedding the colour of those wrong
And shinning the light on those right
I thank you for showing me there is hope


Dear self, I hope you have learned that it's never too late to learn
Witness how simple and complete love is
Acknowledge that you deserve to be cared for
That you should come first no matter what
If you are second, Self, please leave again


Dear mind, remind self and heart of the past pains
Remind them to proceed with caution
Remind them that love is effortless
Remind them that a soul mate is out there


Dear love, yes I am a sucker for you
I love to be in love
But you do not own me
I control you

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!!!!
    'Remind them to proceed with caution' --loves it.

    ReplyDelete