Friday, January 29, 2010

Over the top of a falling star

"For a few minutes you made me feel as though I actually meant something to
someone."- Anonymous


Over the top of a falling star,
You took me high,
You made me fly,
Away from all the worries
Away from all the pain…
Away from life's sad stories,
Away from all the drain…

Over the top of a falling star,
You took me high,
You made me fly,
You stroke my wings
With tenderness and care…
Toward the dreams you promised,
Toward the pleasure I wished…
Toward a surprise you drew
Of which I had no clue…

Over the top of a falling star,
You took me high & high & high,
You made me feel so special,
You put me on the top,
You had me in euphoria
Until…
Until you pressed on ‘stop!'

You cut me off the extreme,
You dropped me off the heights…
You beat me with my own dreams,
You turned off all the lights…
You…
Succeeded in your scheme,
Left me with myself to fight…

My scars of sleepless nights,
The scars of a broken heart…
My scars of endless fights
The scars of a crippled start…

On the top of your falling star
They all were far away,
But when I fell so hard,
I wished my life away!

No comments:

Post a Comment